PRIVACY ACT AUTHORISATION
Pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993 and Credit Reporting Privacy Code 2004
I/we understand that you, Active Finance (or any Active Finance nominated financier), are asking me/us for personal information about me/us so as to use Veda Advantage’s credit reporting service to credit check me which may also include verification of my/our identity as may be required by the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism act 2009.
I/we understand that:
- Veda Advantage will give Active Finance information about me/us for that purpose.
- Active Finance will give my/our personal information which may include verification of my/our identity as may be required by the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism act 2009 to Veda Advantage, and that Veda Advantage will hold that information on their systems and use it to provide their credit reporting and electronic identity verification services.
- When other Veda Advantage customers use the Veda Advantage credit reporting and electronic identity verification services, Veda Advantage may give that information to those customers.
- If I/we default in my/our obligations to any third party you have successfully arranged my/our finance through, information about that default may be given to Veda Advantage, and Veda Advantage may give information about my/our default to other Veda Advantage customers.
- Active Finance may use Veda Advantage’s credit reporting and electronic identity verification services in the future for purposes related to the provision of credit to me/us. This may include using Veda Advantage’s monitoring services to receive updates if any of the information held about me/us changes.
I/we confirm we authorise Active Finance to communicate and receive information as requested by way of facsimile, e-mail, post and/or verbally, now and in the future, with any Finance Company, Bank, Credit Reporting Agencies, New Zealand Transport Agency, Ministry of Justice, Work and Income NZ, Department of Courts, Police Department, Inland Revenue Department, Accident Compensation Corporation (or any successors of those government agencies listed), my Employers and Landlords (past, present and future), Mortgagors and/or their respective representatives including Solicitors and Real Estate Agencies, or any other agency or company, Financial and Commercial information as Active Finance may require for the following purposes:
- Considering and assessing any application for finance, or the assignment of any loan to Active Finance.
- The protection and administration of any security interest in any loan from Active Finance or any assignment of an existing loan to Active Finance.
- To assist Active Finance in the collection and/or enforcement of any loan agreement between me/us to Active Finance.
- To allow Active Finance to have full disclosure of any mortgage or loan balance and payment history to which I/we may be party.
- To provide any information Active Finance or its representatives may require in response to any inquiry they may make for the purpose set out above. I/we understand this may include furnishing Active Finance or its representatives with otherwise confidential information including my current address and contact phone number(s). I/we further irrevocably authorise Active Finance to furnish any of the individuals or organisations so described, details of my/our application and any subsequent dealings I/we may have with Active Finance as a result of the application and/or third party loan contract.