Marine Breakdown Insurance
Your boat and motor is a major investment and we are proud to offer one of the best Mechanical Breakdown Insurance policies in the industry with Autosure Mechanical Breakdown Insurance.
This plan offers comprehensive protection for your boats outboard motor and can help avoid costly and untimely repair bills, Autosure marine has developed this policy to not only protect your investment, but also protect you from the inconvenience a breakdown can cause.
All petrol powered outboard motors and personal watercraft less than 10 years old at start date of cover.
NB. No cover is available for diesel engines or vessel’s with Jet power systems
The reasonable cost to repair the actual failure of mechanical or electrical parts unless otherwise excluded, following a sudden and unforeseen breakdown. Your cover is for 12 or 24 month period as selected in the details section of your policy document.
Cover also includes: Electrics, steering system. power trim and tilt assembly, parts and labour unless otherwise excluded.
(See ‘We Do Not Cover’ in the full policy for details)
We Will Pay
Your claim limit for any one breakdown is:
Outboards less than 5 years old – $5000
- Outboards less than 10 years old – $3500
- Personal Watercraft less than 10 years old – $2000
- We will not pay more than $10,000 during the period of insurance on Outboards
- We will not pay more than $6,000 during the period of insurance on Personal Watercraft
- The age limit is as at the date of commencement of cover
In the event of a claim:
- You must pay the first $150 (Being the excess) for each unrelated claim
- You must pay the excess to the Authorised Repair Facility before you collect your outboard motor
Special conditions and exclusions apply and are detailed in the full policy. Don’t hesitate to ask if you would like more information regarding this protection.
Click here for the full policy document: Marine Mechanical Breakdown Insurance Full Policy